Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Adventure Begins!

Well, Sis and I have decided to be Girl Scouts. Of course she's a Daisy and I'm the leader. At first I thought I'd be an assistant. Then I thought I'd be a co-leader. But as it turns out, my co-leader is just too busy and so I'm going to try my best to do this right all by myself. Ha ha! Not really, I am not alone in this. I am part of a service unit that has a whole lot of leaders who have been where I am. My troop of 9 kindergarten girls also has a few moms willing to step up if I need the help. I am lucky enough to have some great friends who are willing to help me out, one has never done this before and the other was a leader for years with her kids. I tease Becke (no experience in Girl Scouts) that I'm just training her for the day she takes over a Daisy troop of her own -- her daughter is the same age as Lola and so we'll need to get them started right away. We've managed to sell some nuts and candy and earn a few patches for Sis. This year I get to work with the girls earning their Daisy Petals, or teaching them the fundamentals of Girl Scouts and living a good life in general. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment