Friday, October 15, 2010

What a great meeting! No-Sew Hats project

I thought we had a great meeting last night. We started our meeting off by a question and answer period about our fall sales, which we started last week. I regret that I forgot to go through the Promise and Law with the girls. I will do better next time!

In the Daisy Journey we read Chapter 3, learning about Amazing Daisy and her cousins from all over the world. It was at this point that I realized I'd forgotten to bring the herb gardens with me to the meeting! I will do better next time! The girls' homework for next time is to draw a picture of what they think our gardens will look like as they grow.

Our Fashion project for this week was our no-sew winter hats. I found the patterns in an amazing book by Judy Ann Sadler called, Making Fleece Crafts.
Making Fleece Crafts
Most of the girls could not wait to get started on this project, but a few forgot their fleece. I was so proud of my girls! They offered to share extra fabric with each other and EVERYONE got to make a hat. It was so great! I don't have a picture to post yet because we weren't able to make our scarves last night. We will complete the set at our next meeting and get pictures I can post.
If you would like to download my instructions for this project in pdf format, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment